Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Personal Reflection

Freshmen Seminar was a challenging course because it required discipline and time management from the students. The class only met once a week therefore it was extremely important that students attended all sessions to receive the information. The lecturers varied week to week which allowed the students to experience a variety of different teaching styles. My favorite lecture was the first lecture by Dr. Carr. His presentation was engaging and the topic was new material that I had not previously learned about. Unfortunately, the class is very short; sometimes I felt as if the information was given in a rushed manner. It takes so long for the class to assemble that we waste valuable instruction time. All in all, I think the direction that the freshmen seminar class is moving is a positive one. I think that the class will continue to develop in years to come.

Working on the group project was not as difficult as I predicted it to be. I was fortunate enough to be put in a group with other students who actively participated in the process of creating the project. Early on, we as a group identified our strengths and divided the project accordingly. I was skilled in powerpoint and creating other multimedia projects. The project was completed after only two group meetings. The most difficult portion of the project was ensuring that we had the proper equipment to display our video and power point. This meant that we had to do extra preparation for our project. I believe that our presentation was interactive and very professional. I am proud of my freshmen seminar group and glad that I had the privilege to work with them.
-Kaylynn Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment